From: Tony [mailto:TraderSeven@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, September 27, 2004 3:41 PM
To: Lionel Issen
Subject: Re: [Metastockusers] Organizing MetaStock

Hello Lionel,

Is it a database...?   :-(
I used databases in the 80's that where more advanced.
Sure I can stuff everything into a few directories.
But what if I for example only want to examine 'energy'  stocks.
Right now all my stocks are organized by exchange and sector.
A real database would use an index for that and within a second my
selection would be done.

That brings me to my original question. Is there a tool to 'fix' this?
MetaStock always looks in a default directory; so if a real database
changes that directory contents things would be much
better.

BTW I never knew it was 6000. I always assumed it was still 2000.
Learned another thing :-)

> Version 9 allows you to put 6000 securities in one folder.
<.....>

> Equis refuses to replace their 20 year old archaic database with a single
> database so that you could access your stocks from any location in the
> program. Other programs that I have looked at all have central databases,
> such as Quotes Plus, Investors Fasttrack and others.

> Lionel

<.....>

--
Tony