Re: [Metastockusers] Re: Purcahasing a System?

Hello evg_labun,

Tuesday, September 21, 2004, 11:54:37 AM, you wrote:

> Jose,

> I guess you missed that is not back test for some days. It's walk
> forward test. I did calc system keep signals and load data for next
> trading day etc. day by day...

> Could you mark not profitable signals?.. And then send me...

> PS. It's not adv. i'm trying to say - RANDOM trading system is not
> good idea.

Maybe I should add then that I never suggested to trade a random
system. As a matter of fact I never advice anything :-)
I will not trade anything without money management and solid
stops.  That saying should have written random entry.
I never tested it on MS but I did so on wealthlab.
Some stocks just works badly.
But other stocks gave actually kept giving profits.
Something between 3 and 23%. Not saying it's tradable.

Your system example makes around 20% in 9 months. That's a very nice
result.
Maybe it's different for others but I I seldom manage to get in or out
without slipperage. Considering most profits are small; performance
will drop.
When are the arrows drawn? When the bar closed I assume.
So you should place them 1 bar into the future. i.e. next days open.
I your equity curve calculated with todays close or tomorrows open?
With gaps like around June 13th that makes a big difference.
It's always whipsaws that kill profits.
It's so easy to write a system that makes big winning trades.
But those profits usually are eaten away by whipsaws

Finally I wonder why (almost) no system developer uses money and risk
management in his/hers systems.  They are proven vital for long term
survival and generally increase winning systems greatly.
Not talking about (only) setting a position size to $5000 or 20%

--
Tony
If a parsley farmer is sued, can they garnish his wages?

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/zMEolB/TM