[Metastockusers] Re: Purcahasing a System?

>From my limited experience, no 'system' works.  It goes along with
the old argument that if you wrote a system that worked, why would
you sell it?

If I was to write the 'perfect' system and distribute it to every
person who wanted it, the system itself would end up driving the
market, the market would change and the system would fail.
The 'perfect' system is no longer perfect!  This conundrum is what
keeps us all looking for that elusive Grail.

The other matter is that when these 'gurus' have written their for-
sale system, they lock it up very tightly (supposedly), just so that
you cannot see how they have written their code; so you cannot see
the flaws, errors and vulnerabilities in their system.  They say they
are just protecting their IP, but we really know why they do it!

I have seen a number of systems written for MetaStock and Excel that
have been password protected etc.  With some time and sheer
bloodymindedness I have managed to crack open some of these
applications to see how they work (only the Excel applications -
haven't learned to crack MS protection... yet)  Many of the apps are
just repackaged built-in indicators and the like.  Another matter -
if these people are 'smart' enough to write a complicated system that
will predict the movement of the markets days/weeks/months into the
future etc, then why aren't they smart enough to compile their
functions so that cannot be cracked open!?  (Although, decompilers
are becoming a lot more prevalent and smarter these days too!)

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you are better off spending
your money on a library subscription (which btw is free where I live)
and read, read and read.

Hope this helps.

wabbit :D

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/zMEolB/TM