[EquisMetaStock Group] RE: Windows XP Service Pack 2

Equis better get their butts in gear because everyone has only until April
2005 to bypass the automatic update of SP2, unless... they stay off-line.

http://www.internetnews.com/security/article.php/3405321

September 8, 2004
XP SP2 Deadline Extended
By Ryan Naraine

Microsoft (Quote, Chart) has pushed back the deadline for the complete
delivery of its Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) to April 2005.

The software giant had originally planned to automatically install the
service pack to all Windows XP and Windows XP Service Pack 1 systems by
mid-December, but this schedule has been modified to give businesses more
time to prepare.

A note posted on the Microsoft TechNet site said the mechanism to
temporarily disable the delivery of SP2 will now be available for 240 days
(8 months) from August 16.

"At the end of this period, Windows XP SP2 will be delivered to all Windows
XP and Windows XP Service Pack 1 systems," the company said.

<<I spoke to Equis support last week and they said that they've had "quite a
few" calls from people with issues after upgrading to SP2.

So I've been employing the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" principle.

Andy>>

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/BefplB/TM