[EquisMetaStock Group] RE: Re: Backups a necessity for MS 9

I've done essentially the same thing for backup except I use a second
internal hard drive.  A couple of months ago I bought a Maxtor external 200
MB drive and it was a bust.  There were obviously errors with the drive, it
would crash and shut off or it wouldn't even start up.  Fortunately I bought
it at Costco and was able to take it back.  Had I not got it at Costco,
Maxtor would have required that I send it to them for "new" one (per their
communication), which I didn't want to do.  I'll have nothing to do with an
external drive for a while - one of the main reasons is that a recent
article in PC Magazine said the majority of them have a mean time between
failure of 1 year!!!  That's no where near the reliability of an internal
drive.

Just my opinion, but any HD backup beats CD/DVD backup for me.

Jay

<<My solution was to spend the equiv of $200 on a USB external 60Gb hard
drive
and backup scheduling software (not the windows one - it creates it's own
compressed files which is a pain). So every day, while I'm busy eating my
dinner and watching people kill each other on BBC news, my computer busies
itself by copying any recently changed files in the entire c:/program
files/equis directory, amongst others, to 'drive G'. >>

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/BefplB/TM