Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Question about broker. Anyone use IB?

Thanks Andrew for the feedback.  Much appreciated.

My main reason to switch is to trade more markets and faster.  The
lower commisions of IB are an incentive, I guess.  If their
execution is good, then I don't anticipate any problems.  I don't
want to save a few buck on commissions, but cost me much more money
on the execution end.

I think I will open a small account with IB next month, and make the
complete transition once I get familiar with their system.

SJ

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Andrew Tomlinson"
<andrew_tomlinson@xxxx> wrote:

> SJ
>
> I use IB as one of my brokers. In my experience, their execution is
> excellent. They also seem to have better access to shares to
borrow than any
> other discount broker. My reservation (and why I don't use them
more) is
> that I find their software interface complicated and confusing. I
am
> reasonably careful about entering orders, but I have had more
mistakes with
> IB than any other broker (not their errors - just a confusing
interface). If
> you want to use them I recommend going through the online manual,
although
> it is enormous - otherwise you may find you are making assumptions
that are
> incorrect - e.g., be clear if your stop orders on electronic
futures are
> active in the overnight sessions or not.
>
> They also provided some incorrect gain/loss reporting which they
did not
> correct, and were aggressive in denying the problem until I proved
it to
> them.
>
> All in all, great execution, great product reach, no hand-holding,
confusing
> order interface and caveat emptor. A professional execution
platform,
> nothing more.
>
> For most of my stock and stock option execution I use
OptionsXpress -
> excellent order interface, great analytics (IB is not good for
analytics)
> and free intraday charts through prophet.
>
> Andrew

IB?

> Hello,
>
> Just want a honest opinion from anyone using IB as their broker,
and
> how do you like their trade execution?  I'm currently using
> TDWaterhouse, and I like this service very much, but it is does
not
> offer different types of trading except for stocks and options in
US.

> Besides, I want to scale into my positions a little at a time, and
> find that IB's transaction cost to be favorable in this type of
> situation.  I want a solid broker with excellent execution.
That's

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/BefplB/TM