Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] RE: Data source for commodity prices

Just to add my experience to the debate.I produce
my own continuous contract on the JYen/USD futures contract simply by taking the
last full week of the old contract and then adding the first full week of the
new contract.Very often you cannot see the join.If there is a big gap smooth it
out by adjusting the data on the old contract week.I  used this
for three years to produce a trading system that has now worked well
for the past four.I have found with regard to manipulating data on the joins,if
it looks right on the chart the manipulation does not critically alter the
system,it is that simple,
Peter
<BLOCKQUOTE