[Metastockusers] Making sense of Tick Volume.

Making sense of Tick Volume.
 <?xml:namespace prefix = o
ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

<SPAN
>   I was wondering if there are any
day traders out there who could shed a little light on tick volume.<SPAN
>  It seems since we went to decimalization
instead of fractions, it has become very hard to read the tape.<SPAN
>  What I mean is when they lock the bid
and ask price at the same price and a block trade of 10,000 shares take place,
you are unable to know if that was a buy or sell.<SPAN
>  The other problem is when they cross
over the bid and ask.  Example: The
ask is less than the bid.  Is there
any way of truly knowing a cumulative buy and sell volume indicator?<SPAN
>  I have done analysis on a few stocks and
have found about 10 to 20 percent of the trades take place when the bid and ask
price are locked at the same price or the price takes place right between the
bid and ask price, which leaves you to guess on who was really buying or selling
the stock.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

To visit your group on the web, go to:http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Metastockusers/