[EquisMetaStock Group] System Tester Frustration

I am hoping that someone on the list can help me with a frustrating
System Tester problem.

I have been experimenting with the tester and had come up
with some interesting results using a canned metastock simulation but selecting
only the long buys and sells. The only Stop setting I used was a trailing Loss
on Longs set at 4.00%

Being a little skeptical of the results, I asked a friend to
run the same simulation on the same stock with the same settings on his
computer to see if the results could be replicated. We could not replicate the
results.

Now before anyone jumps to the conclusion that our settings
must be somehow different (which would be logical) could I say that we checked
and rechecked our settings and could find no difference. Also when we both
deselected the trailing stop we did get the same result, which I felt tended to
confirm that our settings were the same.

So my question is how can this be so? Is there some subtlety
about using the Trailing Loss that is not apparent from reading the Manual? Is
it possible that I may have somehow corrupted my system tester? I have rebooted
and reloaded the settings and the stock and I keep getting consistent results
on my computer but I am not able to replicate the Trailing Loss result on my
friend’s remote computer.

We are using the same Starting equity, the same number of records
(1000) and we are not using any optimizations.

I would be very interested in others views on what I have
described. The canned system simulation is the PS CMO Reversal and I trade the
Australian ASX.

Kevin

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor