[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: DDE feed for S&P

Hi Al,

I forgot to say in my previous post that you will not automatically
see all instruments in Metatrader. To see them open the "Market
Watch" window, right click and select "Show All Symbols". You may
want to check out #SPY, it is the S & P ETF and the data is much
better than the S & P spot.

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, elnaseer dina <zebra7860@xxxx>
wrote:
> Southern Man,
>
> I have been using Metaserver 3.1 demo ( which holds two planetary
pairs) with good success.  I simply use the bid price as the price it
sends to Metastock 8.0 and it is very close to the FXCM platform I am
accustomed to so I have no problems with it.

> Now, I want to try to download the S&P intraday data and the 3.1
version does allow you to stipulate a midpoint instead of bid or ask
price, so this is good.

> Can you kindly post the URL please?  I want to be able to get real
time data into Metastock and I am hoping you can help me.

> Thanks very much,
> Al
> southern_man992000 <southern_man992000@xxxx> wrote:
> Some Metatrader brokers have the S & P cash (free), but not of good
> quality. Good quality free S & P future data is available from a
> number of Metatrader brokers such as Alpari and Cradlewood. Still,
> with the Metatrader feed and Metaserver you would only be able to
> record either bids or offers (unless Metaserver 3 gives you the
> capability to record bid / offer mid price, unlike Metaserver 2).
>
> Hyperserver Lite or Dynastore (free tools) allow you to record the
> mid.
>
> If Metaserver 3 cannot do the mid you can first feed into Excel,
> calculate the mid and then feed back to Metaserver. I do the
> following for Metaserver 2 in Excel:
>
> Last Price = ((Last Bid+Spread/2) + (Last Offer-Spread/2))/2. (Live
> DDE link)
>
> This works somewhat better than the mid available from Hypertrader
or
> Dynastore.
>
> If you are interested I can post the URL's for Metatrader brokers
> with S & P cash or futures here.
>
> I do FX trading too, and I correlate moves in the S & P future with
> FX moves.
>
> Gold also sometimes gives a more complete picture of dollar
> strength / weakness. Also available from several Metatrader brokers.
>
> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, elnaseer dina
<zebra7860@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am currently using Metaserver 3.1 for my forex data into
> Metastock 8.0 Pro.  Does anybody know if there is a source for the
> S&P cash index( SPX) intraday data that can be fed through
Metaserver?

> > Thanks,
> > Al

>    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/BefplB/TM