Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Event "Cancelled - Open Cost" in Enhanced System Test

Tom,

Thank you for the clarification.
Yes, Iīm using 100% of my equity. I will try with may be 95% and see
what happen.

best regards,
J Locatelli

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tom Sprunger"
<tlsprunger@xxxx> wrote:
> Andrew,  J Locatelli,
>
> Some of your questions and problems should be covered in the doc
below
> posted in the Files section on this group.
>
> Sprunger Guide to MS ver8.doc
>
> Go read it carefully.
>
> The v8/9 testers have a broker module.  Equis attempted to make it
> "realistic".   Yeah, right.  Like anyone actually trades like this.
>
> When the tester gets a signal it calculates the number of shares to
buy and
> passes it to the broker.  The broker places the trade if there are
> sufficient funds etc. Otherwise it cancels it.
>

> Considered :  means a signal has been generated.
> Placed:   means an order was sent to the broker for a specific
number of
> shares based on the price on the bar the signal was generated and
the equity
> being used
> Open:  means the broker put the order in. If on a buy, you will get
filled
> if the price is lower than on the bar the signal was generated,
otherwise
> you will not.
> Executed: means the order was filled
> Cancelled - open cost: means the order was not filled because the
price on
> the next bar is more (for a buy) than the price calculated on the
signal bar
> Cancelled- Position Limit:  means the order was not filled because
you had
> the max number of position already open
> Cancelled - Zero Size: means you did not have enough equity to buy
1 share

> There may be some others.
>
> Jose, on your specific question,
> (Considered)   at 15:50 you got a signal to buy 3494 shares
> (Placed)  at 15:50 the order for 3494 shares was sent to the broker
> execute on the next bar
> (Cancelled - Open Cost) at 15:55, the order for 3492 shares was
opened and
> then cancelled because the price was higher than the price where
the 3494
> shares were calculated.
>
> You are probably using 100% of your equity, right?  So  at 15:50
when the
> signal was generated it divided your equity by the price on the
signal and
> came up with 3494 shares.  On the next bar at 15:55, the price went
up
> enough that to buy 3494 shares would have taken more funds than you
had
> equity.  So instead of just buying a share or two less, which is
what any
> real trader would do, it cancelled the entire order and you missed
the
> signal.   No trade.
>

> Tom

Enhanced
> System Test
>

> Hi,
> I wrote a system test and during the its simulation some enter
> signals are cancelled, with a "Cancelled - Open Cost" event reported
> on the Orders report, shown below. I didnīt find any reference to
> this type of event in the help and in the MS8 manual.
>
> Can any of you explain what this event means? And how to avoid it?
>
> 174 23/4/2004 14:50 5 Considered            Sell 3494 Market   2
> Signal
> 174 23/4/2004 14:50 5 Placed                Sell 3494 Market   2
> Signal
> 175 23/4/2004 14:55 5 Opened                Sell 3494 Market   2
> Signal
> 175 23/4/2004 14:55 5 Executed              Sell 3494 Market $2.8500
> Open 2 Signal
> 184 23/4/2004 15:50 6 Considered            Buy 3492 Market
Signal
> 184 23/4/2004 15:50 6 Placed                Buy 3492 Market
Signal
> 185 23/4/2004 15:55 6 Cancelled - Open cost Buy 3492 Market
Signal

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/BefplB/TM