[EquisMetaStock Group] re: Periodicity

Yes, but you'll have to convert the 60 min data manually:

- in DownLoader display 60 min data you want to convert

- via mouse and cursor, go to beginning of data, select and drag
cursor across data from date to volume (OI if you want that) and draw
mouse to bottom of page

- copy and past onto word processor

- beginning on page 1, find the first 0 or 1 hour line or first hour
of trading, then cursor at beginning of line, tap down arrow 4 times,
then press enter then repeat to end of file *** see next instruction
*** you now have a delination of 4 hour periods; save a copy of the
file as a text file

- if the trading hours of the data you are converting has 7, 9 or
whatever hours, you should apply the remainder hours as a complete
bar, not add to the quantity from the next trading session to make a
complete 4 hour bar, same for short hours, early closings

- you now have to delete all the 'times', either manually or via a
spreadsheet program (in Quatro Pro it seems to have a problem
accepting long files and cuts them), just delete the time column

- repaste back onto wp page; you now have to create the OHLC bar; 1st
line, O remains unchanged; H: change 1st line H to the HH of the 4
lines; L: change 1st line L to the LL of the 4 lines; C: change 1st
line C to the 4th line C; delete lines 2, 3 and 4, continue to end of
data, but, DON'T TRY TO CONVERT AT ONE SITTING, limit this work to an
hour or two a day so errors are prevented

- Volume: I don't bother adding the 4 lines of volume, it's also what
I use as a reference when collecting more data to convert: if I've
converted say 6 lines the previous occassion, I have 1 complete 4H
bar plus a 2H incomplete bar with the volume deleted and replaced
with 000 to identify it as incomplete; when I go back into DL I find
the volume of the last complete 4H bar in the data, count down 4
lines and know I should use the 5th line to start collecting the data
to convert

- you'll be 'fooling' MS into accepting the 4H by deleting the times,
changing the dates and essentially creating a Daily chart, you now
need to change the date either manually or via the spreadsheet, I
started my convertions from 01/01/1900 January 1, 1900 [converting MS
60 min data to load into AGet EOD]; since I don't use weekend/holiday
gaps in my charts I was OK, but if you want gaps, you'll have to
allow for them when dating the file

- if you can create the dates in the spreadsheet great, otherwise
manually

- when converting manually you'll need to determine whether 'that'
year has 28 or 29 days in February

- once complete, SaveAs, name the file, and save as: ' ASCII
Delimited (DOS) Text '

- create a new chart in MS, and when updating, open the ASCII file,
convert to text, covert data as above, SaveAs ASCII, close, then in
DL with the 60 min file closed, Tools/Convert and enter the path to
the ASCII file, OK, enter a symbol, OK and the MS file will be updated

Any problems, ask. Wallace.