[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Metstock "cheats'? showing part of next day data?

Dusant,

Give a Neural Net weather and market data, and it will find strong
correlations and a winning method for the past only - the ultimate
curve-fit.

There are many dynamic/complex positive/negative correlations in the
markets.  It takes understanding of the fundamental market underlying
forces before these tools can begin to be useful.

The old adage has never been truer:
"Garbage in, garbage out"

jose '-)

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dusant" <dusant@xxxx> wrote:
> Jose,
>
> There are quite a few methods, using software to forecast. Neural
Networks is one such example which come to mind straightaway.

> They are good for forecasting where the cause and effect can be
directly correlated like weather patterns.

> So, if an enterprising person can do this kind of modelling,
>   a.. a neural network with weather patterns and
>   b.. agricultural commodity prices as inputs
> it could be a sell-out.
>
> MVHO
>
> Dusant
> Chief Architect
> http://www.candlestrength.com/

showing
> > part of
> > > next day data?
> > >

> > >    My reference is to using historical data.   The year I
mentioned
> > here is
> > > 2003.

Trading