Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] What's wrong with this formula for Enhanced System Te

I thought this would be what you find.  I've done a little with this in the
past and didn't have good results for my trading style which is short term.
Like you I found it was too slow.

However, you might try the following:

1. Try a different period for the moving average.  Say as short as 3 and as
long as 20.  Run an optimization to find a cluster of periods that works the
best.  Switch the mov ave type to exponential which will be a little faster.

2. Instead of using this as a timing signal, use it as a filter for another
signal.  I.E.  if this signal is on a buy, only take long signals, no
shorts.  If it is on  a sell, don't take any long signals, only take shorts.
Or use it as an exit, ie, if you are in a long position and the signal goes
to sell, exit your long even if the other signal is still long.

3.  Another trick that works sometimes is to take a stochastic of this
signal and use that as your signal.  This will pick up the turns faster (
and also more of them, vis a vie your dips) and probably generate more
signals.

Note, I haven't tired any of these on this specific indicator

Good luck.