Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] What's wrong with this formula for Enhanced System Te

Tom.

  I was running this for some other folks, was not really wanting to
use it myself.  When using 30 as a buy and 70 as a sell I felt it
underperformed B&H and missed a lot of upside.

  I optimized a little and found that a cross from below to abvoe 35
for a buy and cross from above 75 to below for a sell worked better.
Butin the Nasdaq traded very infrequently.  Less than one round trade
a year over many years. Would have been like watching grass grow as a
hobby and underperform as well, even though it makes money.

  Someone suggested that it might be enhanced by changing the buying
paramaters to something that would be more flexible and generate more
signals.  Lets say you have a buy running, look for an X% dip off of
the indicator high since the buy to generate a sell rather than a rise
above 75 and then dip below.

And I would imagine that a buy would be generated if after a sell
there was some sort of proportional rise?  It's an idea to work out.

But simply using the crossing of extreme levels to generate buys and
sells did not do the trick. It needs a faster trigger to buy and sell.
 To proceed further would be a burden to me as it requires programming
skills I do not possess.  I might be able to work it out by tossing
massive time at it and stealing code that I'm aware of here and there
on line...but I am presently persuing other trading-development goals
in my time off. Moving toward simpler trading techniques which require
very basic computer searches combined with a little eyeballing of
support-resistance and trending channels.

I think the indicator has potential but needs work.  I think that
might apply to most indicators?

I've got a strong feeling you have the computer skills to develop the
indicator into a faster trading vehicle if you were looking for the
challange.  Draw down on the extreme swing trading was very low.  But
I'm thinking that by speading up the trading to outperform buy and
hold, you would also most likely increase drawdown.

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tom Sprunger"
<tlsprunger@xxxx> wrote:
> So, now I'm curious.
>
> Does this signal generate profitable signals?

Data\X.NASD-H",C)

> > > a -1

> > signals

> > that