Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] My Swing Trading Method Explained

Hello Bob,

STOPS is fully inegrated with MetaStock EOD data. It is a stand-alone application. STOPS automatically updates the EOD prices of my stock positions on startup using my metastock formatted EOD prices.

You might want to check out their web site http://www.numasoft.com for more information.

Stevebob1 <bob1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Steve:Is this numasoft stops program a Metastock plugin,or a stand alone application?BobOn Fri, 30 Apr 2004 12:56:39 -0000, Steve Jarvis wrote> Hello All,> > Some of you asked for more information on Swing Trading. > > My method for Swing Trading is:> > 1. I want minimal daily interaction (I have a day job), controlled > risk to prevent wiping out my equity and stated realistic profit > objectives. I always place my orders in the mornings, before the > market opens.> > 2. I start by finding a set of stocks using Friday EOD prices that > meet my price action criteria.> > 3. I narrow down the set of stocks using my insight into potential > market conditions the following week. I may decide to only buy long > or only sell short,
 etc.> > 4. On Monday morning I buy or sell short my selected stocks. > > 5. On Tuesday morning I add a protective stop for each actual buy > (or sell) based on my risk limits.> > 6. Beginning Wednesday morning, I review the price action from the > previous day. If the position has moved in my favor, my risk will > have decreased and I can adjust my protective stop to begin locking > in a profit but still not exceeding my risk limit. If necessary I > may initiate a partial sell (or buy if short).> > 7. Regardless of price action, I do not hold positions past Friday. > Typically, unless stopped out, I close a position when it reaches my > reach my profit objective. My goal is to minimize risk thereby > limiting my losses so if 50% of my trades are losers, my equity > curve trend is still up.> > 8. After I close a position, I do a post mortem analysis,
 thereby > continually fine tuning my system.> > I find it is very important to always know my risk, have a stated > profit objective, and always, always use protective stops.> > I stumbled upon an excellent software application that really helps > me control risk and know how my system is doing at all times. It's > named STOPS and can be found at www.numasoft.com> > Thanks,> > Steve> > >  > Yahoo! Groups Links> > >
		Do you Yahoo!?Win a $20,000 Career Makeover at Yahoo! HotJobs

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor