[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Version 9 Data CD warning

Warning:

Ver 9 data CD installs data onto your C: drive folder Metastock data
without giving you a chance to specify where and what your want to
install.  The moment you insert the CD, it will self extract and
install "everything" from its data CD to your hard drive.

New feature in Ver 9 installs Broadmarket Indicator and Industry
Groups and its stock within each industry group.

The good thing about this feature is that stocks are already sorted
within their industry groups.  The bad thing about this presort is
that those stocks in the industry groups are missing some stocks.

Why do I know they are missing?

If you add up all the stocks from A to Z from data CD after
installation, it is missing a few hundred issues.  You can do this
exercise by adding up all the issues in your data folder with the
issues in NY+AMEX+NASD traded each day.

I do not know why there is an undercount.  Perhaps it has to do with
timing issue.

Only way to get bring up all your shares to the current is go to the
Downloader and do a Symbol Update. This will update your master list
from A to Z.  But how do u bring the new issues onto the correct
industry group?

For most Metastock user who do not use explore to scan all the stocks
from A to Z, the undercount will not affect them.  But for those
users who scans on a complete count, the undercount matters.

Further more, the industry group index symbols is based on the
assumption that you are using Reuter as data provider. Any other
provider will not update your industry group.

Then I found out the industry group index is missing the index
symbols for the entire Capital Goods Sector.  Metastock data
engineers has been told by me and are suppose to correct this problem

Now getting back to your ver 8 data, if you do not want to comingle
your ver 9 data with your ver 8, you can move the ver 9 data to a new
folder.  Do not move your ver 8 data folder or else you will regret
it as charts will track the path where they were retrieved from. And
you will get all kind of error messages.  Believe me, this happened
to me.

Despite the bugs and warnings, i still like ver 9 data as it is a
step in the right direction.

HMLiu

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "lionel77096us" <lissen@xxxx>
wrote:
> Previous versions of Metastock allowed the user to specify where
the
> data files were located. This allowed me to run 2 versions of
> Metastock without any problems.
>
> With version 9, the program does not allow me to specify where the
> data files are located. When V 9 was installed the installation
> wizard located my version 8 data and connected version 9 to it.
This

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511