Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] New to Metastock

There are major differences between the two programs. If you have been
using TC2K end of day, then I would suggest you contiue to use it as
your data source and ADD MetaStock to it to extend your capabilities.
The TC2K data can be used by MetaStock. You'll still be able to use the
proprietary indicators of TC2K and have access to the extensive
indicator set in MS. In addition MS's coding language is much richer
(and in some ways much simpler) than that of TC2K.  Try to write a
moving average formula in TC2K. It's easy in MS.

The backtesting features of MS are much better than TC2K's which are
virtually non existant.

The price of all the additional power of MS is paid with a somewhat
higher learning curve. It isn't very hard to do the "basic" stuff.
There is lots of help available here  in this group and SIGs which meet
in some cities for the stuff that goes beyond the basic.
If I had a $1 for each time somebody asked how to write a moving average
crossover, or how to color volume plots based on change in close, I
would no longer trade.

MS has a 30 day return policy.  MS may very well improve your trading,
if the issue is that TC2K can't readily provide answers to your decision
making questions and MS can.

Ron