[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Training for MetaStock

Vilia,

Read, study, practice, and participate.

The journey you are embarking on can be enjoyable and rewarding but
it is not going to fall in your lap. The questions you've asked are
the same ones that appear here over and over. The Metastock manual
covers a number of topics pertaining to the use of the software. The
help section of the software also answers a lot of questions. You
will also find helpful information in the files section of this
group. Start out slow and take your time. If you need help we will
try to help you when you get stumped. Remember that you need to know
how to use the software and how to understand technical analysis.
That's a very tall order. It will take time, maybe even years.

You have asked about CD's and other resources. Most of the CD's are
plug-ins or add-ons that will help to you use a particular system.
Most of these will cost and right now for my money they are not worth
spending money on. There are a great number of tools that you can
utilize that are free. Roy and Jose' both offer freebies that you
should find most useful. You should also be reading books and
periodicals. These are all great resources for ideas. Most of the
formulas that you need can be found on the web. The group links
section has a number of these listed.

Hope this helps,

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Vilia" <vilia@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know, what the general suggestion is, of learning
how to build formulas and use the system tester. I know Equis
partnered with some other companies to sell CDs and such. Are they
any good, or do they just give the basic stuff that's in the manual.
Perhaps there are some noteworthy books out there.