[Metastockusers] Re: EOD File Cleanup Utility

Kamal:

On 26 Oct 2003 10:48:16 -0000, you wrote:

>>Subject: EOD File Cleanup Utility

>>I am aware of (and currently use) Jose Silva's file cleanup utility on my
>>files prior to import into the Downloader. Though the utility is great
>>(thanks Jose if you are reading this) it still keeps deferred delivery codes
>>in the files. I don't trade these at all. The end result is a
>>10,227-security ASX database.

Where did you find the Silva utility? I have never heard of it.

Unfortunately, I can't help you regarding a method to delete all
securities of more than 3 letters.

>> Each of my profiles in
>>Omnitrader uses the full Ms database, so it has to scan all 10,227
>>securities for each profile. I use 7 profiles. Scanning and backtesting
>>10,000 securities in Omnitrader takes my computer about 15 minutes, but
>>doing the same for a 3,000 security database takes about 3 minutes. So
>>hopefully some of you who also use OT see my need for a more specific file
>>cleaner.

You must have a very fast processor, or I am doing something wrong! I
have Omnitrader 2003, EOD. I have eight profiles, which contain about
1000 stocks total. It takes me more than 15 minutes to run all eight
of them in Auto mode. I have a Pentium III, running at 1 Gig, and 512
Meg of RAM.

It must have taken quite a while to set Omnitrader User data for over
10,000 securities, unless you are storing your Metastock data in the
new 6000/folder method.

Harry

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511