[Metastockusers] Report on----Here's a little tip for finding stocks in a trend

Here's a report on a method I gave for finding excellent trades
during earnings reports.

On Oct 17th I picked some longs and some shorts based on the link I
gave you. I basically shorted a group of stocks that had missed
earnings targets by wide margins, usually 30% or more and which had
reported on the 15th, 16th and 17th. I did the same with the longs,
except I picked stocks that had beat earnings by the same amount.

Of the Shorts 11/12 are still in the money.

Of the Longs  13/24 made money--against the trend--5 were small
losers and 6 were breakevens.

Over the next three months the 12 shorts are likely to continue to do
poorly and 75% will announce disappointing results next quarter.

Take a look at this technique. It works well.

JO

--- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "manohohman" <kelols@xxxx>
wrote:
> During earning's season, US stocks report more, expected or less
> earnings than what was projected.
>
> Stocks that miss earnings estimates and disappoint often disappoint
> investors for more than one quarter in a row.
>
> If you look at all of the stocks that miss earnings by more than
15%,
> most of them will have declining prices which tend to stay in
> decline, especially when the market is "priced to perfection" the
way
> it is now.
>
> The same is not true for stocks that exceed their projections. Some
> of them will go down and some will go up because investors may be
> disappointed that the company did not exceed earnings by more.
Those
> are tradable, but you can't make the assumption they will go up.
Some
> will go down and make a good short. The ones that go up sometimes
> trend for a long time and sometimes the rise is short lived, so you
> have to be careful.
>
> Here's a link to earning's numbers on all exchanges. Yes, it's
> FREE!!!!!
>
> http://earnings.nasdaq.com/earnings/earnings_surprise.asp
>
> Have fun!
>
> JO