[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: MACD Screening

Thanks, I will give it a try.  perhaps I can overlay it and compare
it to the Metastock line and see.
Problem one is that the MACD() is a locked formula according to the
book, based on a ratio.  That ratio achieves the results I want.
Yes, the signal appears to be late but it appears to keep me in the
money.

Hopefully the bumps will at least alert me to changes and then I can
compare it.  I was also wondering if a linear regression line with
little tolerance could be placed on it.

Boy it's tough to make money *L*
--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Peter Kuskopf"
<pkuskopf@xxxx> wrote:
> A simple approach to picking a top or bottom is something like:
>
> MACD() < ref(MACD(),-1) and ref(macd(),-1) > ref(macd(),-2)
>
> Is this what you're after?
>
> It's a definite change in direction but it signals up to a month
late, and it might signal minor wobbles as well as major tops.

> If you visual checks are achieving 90% success rate, it sounds
like you might be visually picking tops in hindsight which can
probably not be achieved with an objective formula such as the above.

<no_reply@xxxx>
<secutor@xxxx>
>   > wrote:
>   > > Does anyone know how to do an exploration for tops and
bottoms
>   of
>   > > the MACD monthly, and test as system for them.
>   > >
>   > > Am also looking for people who would be willing to send me
data
>   on
>   > > stocks to see the success rate over numerous stocks.
>   > >
>   > > All assistance would be appreciated.
>   > > I can be contacted at secutor@xxxx
>

>         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Service.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511