[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: MACD Screening

Thanks for the information, it is an interesting site.  However, I
would rather use metastock to screen and test if I can.
Additionally, I am primarily in the Canadian market.

Lastly, I am trying to back test data on charts.  So far on the few
I have covered [14 - 2 US stocks] over a 5 year period, based solely
on MACD it has returned 117 winning trades out of 127 or about 93%
if you go short in a sell, cover and go long on a buy.  If you go
long, the results were 66 wins out of 73 trades or about 90.4%.

What I need to do is see if this is coincidental or consistant. I
also know that the MACD redraws itself as new stock prices are
downloaded.  I therefore need to try to catch a stock very soon
after the indicator turns so that I can see what impact if any it
would have on the trading results.

In order to do this I need to explore the change of angle on the
Monthly MACD of the stocks I am watching [about 980], the date of
the change, and ultimately - what date the chart shows at some
future time.

The next thing I need to do is to try to automatically test the
system, with no outside interpretation based on trading on the
turning of the indicator.

Finally, I would like to receive data from others who have checked
the dates - so that I know how many months to calculate for short
interest charges etc.   While I am working on it - to get a
significant sample it will take a long time.

Unfortunately, I have no programming skills and my math is getting
taxed just doing the spread sheet.  Any assistance would be greatly
appreciated.
--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, manohohman <no_reply@xxxx>

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511