RE: [Metastockusers] Re: New metastock user - For all new users

You
can try the MetaStock Programming Study Guide at <A
href="">http://www.metastockformula.com/
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
found it very useful as have a number of other members on this site.
It is certainly more practical than the manuals accompanying MetaStock, the
Formula Primer and suitably more advanced than Simon Sherwood's book.
It has copped some flack, but this was over price and not content if I recall
correctly, so I would suggest a review of past postings would be
appropriate so that you can make a more valued judgement.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
For
me, when I started with MetaStock three things got me going - the aforementioned
book, being a member of StockCentral in Oz (for Jose, Roy's and Henry's posts)
and being a member of this and the other MetaStock group on Yahoo (for Roy's,
Gordon's, Manohohman and Henry's posts + others).
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Jan
Arps recommends this text - that is not a bad recommendation by any one
standards.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Cheers,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Jono
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
PS I'm
not connected with the product in any way.

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: wanengineer
  [mailto:wanengineer@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Sunday, 19 October 2003 4:35
  AMTo: Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject:
  [Metastockusers] Re: New metastock user - For all new
  usersThank you for that enlightning 7 step process to
  forking out more money on media.Back to my original question...
  are there any useful forums and books that anyone can suggest for people
  starting out in metastock? I dislike multimedia. Or am I going to have a
  hard time getting helpful answrs in here? :)--- In
  Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "manohohman" <kelols@xxxx>
  wrote:> Step 1.> > Read the manual.> >
  Step 2. > > go to www.pring.com> Look under products
  > Go to MetaStock plug-ins> Exploring MS basic> Exploring
  MS advanced> > Step 3.> > Buy these.>
  > Step 4. > > Use them.> > Step 5. >
  > Be amazed at how much you've learned. > > Step
  6> > Lose your money and quit trading.> > >
  Step 7> > Sell MS on ebay and recover some capital.>
  > > All's well that ends well! Ho! ho! ho! and Merry Christmas.
  Well, > happy Halloween first.> > JO> >
  Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "wanengineer" >
  <wanengineer@xxxx> wrote:> > Hi everyone,> >
  > > I just purchased metastock and have a number of questions here
  and > > there. First off, is this forum the best place to ask
  general > > questions pertaining to metastock from a new-user point
  of view? I > > have been having a somewhat painful experience
  finding an > appropriate > > forum to post my questions to...
  questions like:> > > > How do you set a stock's "chart
  window" back to default (i.e. > > containing just price and volume)
  after one has added in various > > indicators and lines to the
  chart?> > > > If anyone could let me know of any
  resources, books, forums to help > > me out getting into
  metastock.> > > > Thanks so much!> >
  VoirinTo
  to:Metastockusers-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxYour use
  of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the <A