Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Write to a file?

In a message dated 10/17/2003 11:19:59 AM Pacific Daylight Time, no_reply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Is there a way to write text to an output file from within an exploration?  I'm trying to create an alert file that can be loaded into a RT quote program.  I can't seem to find anything about exporting data without doing a cut / paste, and even then, the data I need to export isn't really displayed anywhere.
The only way that I've found is to do a cut and paste.  When I select only one line of the exploration "Results" and do a <ctrl> <C> it actually copies the entire list of results.  I then paste it into Excel and it pastes nicely in multi-cell format.  From there you can create a text output.  Also, I first sort the results in MetaStock by clicking on the column heading that I select, before doing the copy which saves a little effort in Excel.  Because I am Exploring commodities, my results are generally rather small so I don't know how difficult this would be for hundreds of stock Results.

Jay

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor