Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Follow-on for Roy (or anyone who might know)

deepfoobar

> You are making it seem oh so simple. I will give this a try. The
> constant is just being read in from a plain file without any date
> attatched to it and I suspect that is the problem.

How did you get on?

> MS sure has some interesting twists. I think the fact that I have a
> programming background in other well-behaved languages is actually a
> drawback with MS.

I think you're right there. My knowledge of other languages is minimal
although I think I have a good understanding of logical processes. Back in
the late sixties I wrote a "noughts and crosses" program in machine code as
an exercise while doing hardware training. Simple stuff I know but I was
tickled pink with the result back then.

I'm not bound by any "proper" way of doing anything in MS and that seems to
give me the ability to try things that a skilled programmer wouldn't
consider as an option. I've also had some brilliant mentors along the way.

> Sometimes the logic isn't quite there. Or maybe
> it's me. In either case that book of yours I suspect will come in
> mighty handy (no pressure, I see you are getting plenty of that from
> the rest of the group).

The most pressure is coming from myself. I don't have any particular concern
about being beaten to the draw but I am anxious to deliver what I have
promised.

Roy

Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.