[Metastockusers] Schaff Trend Cycle---- New and Improved Version

I'm reposting this because somehow the word Advertisment got hung on
it. What's up with that!

Schaffer as an indicator or expert is so so in my opinion, but here's
a new and improved version of the highlights. If you're going to use
them, they might as well tell you something you can use. I wrote some
Aroon code for highlights that are about 10% more accurate in
spotting trend changes, but these are pretty good.

These Schaff highlight are comparable to CS Scientific's highlights,
which are very good considering they came with MS. These work best
when used on time frames greater than 20 min. I haven't tried to fix
them up for 5 and 10 minute screens. Maybe later.

Highlight Green Up Trend

Cycle:=10;
SH:=23;
LG:=50;
MCD := Wilders( Typical(),Sh) - Wilders( Typical(),Lg);
ST := ((MCD-LLV(MCD,Cycle)) / (HHV(MCD,Cycle)-LLV(MCD,Cycle))) *100;
STC := Wilders(ST,Cycle/2);
i:=Cross(stc,25);
dn:=Cross(25,stc);
x:=BarsSince(i)<=BarsSince(i OR dn)=0;
X=0

Highlight Red Down Trend

Cycle:=10;
SH:=23;
LG:=50;
MCD := Wilders( Typical(),Sh) - Wilders( Typical(),Lg);
ST := ((MCD-LLV(MCD,Cycle)) / (HHV(MCD,Cycle)-LLV(MCD,Cycle))) *100;
STC := Wilders(ST,Cycle/2);
i:=Cross(25,stc);
dn:=Cross(stc,25);
x:=BarsSince(i)<=BarsSince(i OR dn)=0;
X=0

Remember to color your price line black. Compare this to the CS
Scientific's to make sure you've got it. These should be just a little
better.

Good luck writing an Aroon version that's 10% better than these two.
These are highlights for trends, not entry and exit signals.

Maybe someone can optimize these and share them. That would be nice!

JO

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511