[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: MaxLocksperFile

Tom:

On 11 Oct 2003 08:46:59 -0000, you wrote:

>> And I believe if you export your results
>>to Excel, then you can delete regularly and you probably won't have the
>>maxlocks file problem very often.   I don't.

This is becoming really frustrating. I now have MaxLocksperFile set at
100,000. If that has really improved anything, it is not very obvious.
When ST_Data.mdb gets above 60Meg or so, I get the error message. I
tried running "Discard" several times in a row, but still got the
message. Then earlier today, after getting the message (I was trying
to discard one of two Tests), I closed MS, opened the file in Access
(I have Access 2000) and used the Compact and Repair feature. This
reduced the size of the file to 43Meg. When I reopened MS, the file I
had been trying to discard was no longer listed! But it now takes over
1 minute to open the System Tester.

I can't believe we are the only folks who run into this problem. Maybe
the operating system has some affect. You seem to be able to manage,
and have XP. I don't, and have Win98SE.

I know that the size of the ST_Data.mdb file varies greatly depending
on what indicator you are trying to test. The next time you get ready
to Discard test results, would you open Windows Explorer, and see how
large the ST_Data.mdb file is getting? This would help me determine
whether I am having problems that others don't, or that I am just
creating larger test files.

Harry

Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping