Re: [Metastockusers] The Downloader

In a message dated 9/28/2003 12:41:25 AM Pacific Daylight Time, jaguarvp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

....also when I am in the Metastock Program
and look at the directory, it shows that the data is stored under
the Desktop area and not on the C-Drive?

If you are running under Win XP and the data is under "My Documents" or the name that you have changed that standard Win XP name to, you will find that that folder is in fact on C drive.  You will find it under Documents and Settings, and whatever the name of the file/folder is where your data is stored.  Win XP tries to make you think that it is on the desktop, when it is on C drive.

I don't understand if that is where your 6000 are, or where your 166 are.  But, you can do a search with Windows Explorer for the file or folder you are looking for.  Then, when you have that name you can do an Open and browse to the file or folder you are looking for from within MetaStock.  MetaStock will also include folders that appear to be on the desktop, "outside" of C drive.

Don't know if that helps.

Jay

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor