Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Ref function help sought

TAtrader

> Thanks for the comments.  I tryied using the LastValue function in DI
> () but it would not work; kept getting a ")" error when I tried to
> enter it (and matching () were present).

Without knowing your "periods" formula I can't guess at what the cause of
your error might be. However I feel that the problem is only a minor
technical one rather than an insurmountable one. When the method I suggested
fails there's usually another way the formula can be written that will work
as required, or a very good reason why it will never work.

> However, based on your suggestion of LastValue, I tried it in the
> form of Ref(DI(), -(LastValue(X formula)) and it works!!  Thus, I
> can not test for divergences from a current value with a prior value
> X periods ago where X is detemined by a valley in a differnt cycle
> function.  I can not match current cycle low to prior cycle low of a
> different parameter.  Just what I was looking for.

LastValue() converts a variable to a constant but it is of no use for
backtesting in the form of "LastValue(X formula)". That's where the
+PREV-PREV comes in handy.

> Thanks for setting me on a good path!

Roy

ReplayTV: Control live television