Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Ref function help sought

Roy,

Thanks for the comments.  I tryied using the LastValue function in DI
() but it would not work; kept getting a ")" error when I tried to
enter it (and matching () were present).

However, based on your suggestion of LastValue, I tried it in the
form of Ref(DI(), -(LastValue(X formula)) and it works!!  Thus, I
can not test for divergences from a current value with a prior value
X periods ago where X is detemined by a valley in a differnt cycle
function.  I can not match current cycle low to prior cycle low of a
different parameter.  Just what I was looking for.

Thanks for setting me on a good path!

TAtrader

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Roy Larsen" <rlarsen@xxxx>
wrote:
> TAtrader
>
> Try this format for your "X" periods DI() function courtesy of
Corey Saxe.

> DI(LastValue("my X integer"+PREV-PREV))
>
> For some situations the LastValue() can be can be in a previously
created
> variable (I think), other times it must be inside the function
it's required
> for, and other times it won't work at all. I know I've used it
successfully
> inside ADX() so it I would expect it to work inside DI().
>
> Try it and see.
>
> Roy

determined to
> > coinside with a low value of another cycle based function for the
> > same stock.
> >
> > When I put the function that always results in an integer, e.g.
> > 30, into the X position of the Ref function, I get an error
stating
> > that the Ref function requires a constant for X.
> >
> > Is there another approach that would let me accomplish my desire?
> >
> > Thanks in advance for helpful comments,
> > TAtrader

ReplayTV: CNet Ranked #1 over Tivo!
Instant Replay & Pause live TV.