Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Ref function help sought...found

this will return the value of MDI
the last time low was the lowest low value in X period

k:=input("what is all this about",1,200,13);
k1:=inpt("set time lenght for mdi",1,200,13);
k0:=If(L=LLV(L,k),1,0);
ValueWhen(1,k0=1,MDI(k1));

working on divergences ?

--- taforme <no_reply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I would like to obtain a value of the function DI()
> a number of
> periods ago.  I understand how to use Ref(DI(), -X)
> where X is a
> constant,e.g. 7 periods ago would be Ref(DI(), -7).
> However, I
> would like for X to be a variable integer determined
> for each stock
> where X is determined by a LLVBars(data,#) function.
>

> More specifically, I want to compare a current DI()
> value with a
> past DI() value with the number of periods ago of
> DI() determined to
> coinside with a low value of another cycle based
> function for the
> same stock.
>
> When I put the function that always results in an
> integer, e.g. 8 to
> 30, into the X position of the Ref function, I get
> an error stating
> that the Ref function requires a constant for X.
>
> Is there another approach that would let me
> accomplish my desire?
>
> Thanks in advance for helpful comments,
> TAtrader

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com