Re: [Metastockusers] The Moving Average Crossover System Test w/opt

A/ you may use the "cross(A,B)" fonction inadequatly

B/ maybe you results were optained whit a system that
has complex set of rules preventing the normal
crossing to yiled results

B/ your data may indeed not be good :
stock were trending alot those last 3 years (for
example) so if your system is a buy only one,
your code may simply catch bottom ensuing pullbacks to
LT MA (buying when mov(c,9,s) crosses below
mov(c,18,s) can be a good move if the move is just a
sharp pul back to just below the 18 day ma)

in any case i would :
A/ look at the equity curve, if it's not smooth, spot
what has caused the sharp fall/rise
B/ use another data, better work on 1k(for simple
systemes)5k(for complex systems) 5min ES  data,
results will prove more reliable....

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/zMEolB/TM