[Metastockusers] The Moving Average Crossover System Test w/opt

   Is it my imagination or does it seem that when using System Tester
(version 7) with The Moving Average Crossover System Test that the
most profitable system tests always show OPT1 as being in longer
duration than OPT2?. Is it because I am using data from too long a
period of time? (usually 3 years). I always thought that a moving
average crossover system in theory triggered a buy signal when the
shorter-term ma crossed over the longer-term ma. In most of the
testing that I've done, it seems that the most profitable
optimization has the shorter-term ma at about 18 days and the longer-
term ma at 10 days. Please enlighten me if you can. Thanks.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/zMEolB/TM