Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] You can't sell your MetaStock 7.2 !!!!

Sean,
One more point to add to the last post to you written below. If you
upgraded from 7.03 to 7.2 and someone else did not upgrade from 7.03
to 7.2, you are bound by the legal agreement of verion 7.2 and the
other user is bound by the version 7.03 agreement. The agreement
includes any previous version you have paid for in the past up to and
including the last upgrade.

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, gann_144 <no_reply@xxxx> wrote:
> Sean,
>
> Here is how it works. The agreement in effect is always the last
> agreement. If you upgrade from 7.03 to 7.2, then the version 7.2
> agreement is the binding agreement. The reasoning is that you are
now
> a version 7.2 user and not a 7.03 user anymore. You are a user of
> Metastock no matter what version you use currently. That is why its
> called an "upgrade". The last agreement always supercedes any
> previous agreement because in effect you have just signed a new
> agreement. The last agreement includes any copies of previous
> versions...its inclusive of all copies. The only reason Equis
> demanded from eBay to withdraw any sales of Metastock is because
too
> many people dont understand the agreement with its legal
> ramifications and because of this confusion (and fraud) they halted
> all sales. I hope this clarifies it.
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, marketsniper <no_reply@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > Equis position is that I can sell the 7.03 but not the 7.2
> upgrade.
> > I am going to seek some legal advice to get a legal
interpretation
> > of the agreements.  I'll post what I find for those that care.
> >
> > Sean
> >
> > --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Peter Kuskopf"
> > <pkuskopf@xxxx> wrote:
> > > Curly one. I don't know the answer. Does Equis have a position?
> > >
> > > Peter

Many
> > >   companies do not allow for transfer of a licence.
> > >   >
> > >   > In the larger non-shrinkwrap market, it is usual for a
> licence
> > >   transfer fee to be payable. Sometime the transfer fee can be
> > >   extortionate.
> > >   >
> > >   > I'm not rationalising these pactices, but they are a fact
of
> > life.
> > >   Equis is not unusual in this respect.
> > >   >