Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] You can't sell your MetaStock 7.2 !!!!

In a message dated 9/10/2003 11:58:51 AM Pacific Daylight Time, no_reply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

If your response was valid eBay would not exist!

MetaStock/Equis monitors eBay, as does Microsoft and many other software vendors.  If any illegal copy of MetaStock is offered for auction, MetaStock alerts eBay and the auction is canceled.  I have seen MS 8.0 offered on eBay, and I've seen the auctions disappear.  However, I've never seen the auctions for MS 7.2 or earlier pulled from eBay.  My assumption is that MetaStock does not consider them illegal copies, but you know that the buyer will never receive any MetaStock support for that item.  That's why they sell for $20.  There are currently 2 auctions for MS 6.5 going on.

On eBay, IF you do a search for "MetaStock" in both titles and descriptions, you will find comments in descriptions of non-MetaStock sellers, that they have MetaStock plug-ins.  If you then email that seller requesting a specific plug-in, they will let you know whether or not you have it and if they do, you will be offered one of the many (but not all) plug-ins that MS sells for $300, for the $60-70 range.  A full retail package, not a copy, with full documentation.  I have been told that these are packages that the seller has purchased in large quantities from an authorized MetaStock reseller who went out of business.  Are they legal?  Or illegal?  Good question.  If the seller offers them for auction, MetaStock has the auction stopped.  I've seen that.  But by putting this "note" in their description, the sellers can and do get it to you a non-auction price.

I do not sell plug-ins or any other MetaStock stuff on eBay, but have been on eBay long enough and searched hard enough to learn the above information.

Jay

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor