Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] You can't sell your MetaStock 7.2 !!!!

Equis position is that I can sell the 7.03 but not the 7.2 upgrade.
I am going to seek some legal advice to get a legal interpretation
of the agreements.  I'll post what I find for those that care.

Sean

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Peter Kuskopf"
<pkuskopf@xxxx> wrote:
> Curly one. I don't know the answer. Does Equis have a position?
>
> Peter
MetaStock 7.2 !!!!

>   Peter:
>
>   I understand what you are saying.  My difficulty with Equis in
this
>   matter is that my 7.2 was an upgrade to my 7.03.  My 7.03
license
>   DOES allow a transfer of license.  Additionally, the 7.02
license
>   requires that the transfer include ALL upgrades.
>
>   So, you can see my problem.  7.03 is transferrable and requires
that
>   all upgrades be included.  7.2 is not transferable.  What is one
>   do? No matter what, I am breaking the agreement.  When I sell my
>   7.03, if I include the 7.2, I'll be in agreement with the 7.03
>   agreement but not the 7.2.  If I sell the 7.03 without the 7.2,
I am
>   not in agreement with the 7.03 but only the 7.2.
>
>   Which agreement is binding?  The first or the second?
>
>   Thanks for letting me vent,
>
>   Sean
>
>   --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Peter Kuskopf"
>   <pkuskopf@xxxx> wrote:
>   > Metastock is not unusual in the shrink-wrap marketplace. Many
>   companies do not allow for transfer of a licence.
>   >
>   > In the larger non-shrinkwrap market, it is usual for a licence
>   transfer fee to be payable. Sometime the transfer fee can be
>   extortionate.
>   >
>   > I'm not rationalising these pactices, but they are a fact of
life.
>   Equis is not unusual in this respect.
>   >
>   > Peter K
MetaStock
>   7.2 !!!!
>   >
>   >
>   >   Did you know, according to Equis Software License Agreement,
you
>   are
>   >   not allowed to sell your 7.2 + MetaStock? According to the
>   >   Agreement, "You may not: (i) modify or create derivative
works
>   based
>   >   on the Software or Documentation; (ii) lease, rent,
transfer,
>   >   sublicense, or distribute the Software or the
Documentation;..."
>   >   Equis considers this to include selling your MetaStock to
>   someone
>   >   else (transfer of license).
>   >
>   >   I found out the hard way when I attempted to sell my
original
>   >   metastock with all of its original manuals on eBay. Equis,
>   through
>   >   VeRO, got my ad removed. I have been in numerous e-mails
with
>   >   Intellectual Property at Equis and they will not allow 7.2
to be
>   >   sold. So, after you buy the license (according to the
Agreement,
>   >   you are sold a license, not the software... you never own
the
>   >   software...), you are stuck with it, never able to recoup
any of
>   >   your money. I wish I had read the complete Agreement prior
>   >   purchasing MetaStock.
>   >
>   >   If anyone out there has any ideas or thought on this, I
would be
>   >   interested in hearing them.
>   >
>   >   Thanks,
>   >
>   >   Sean
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >   To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >   Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
>   Service.
>

>         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Service.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/BefplB/TM