[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Indicator to Plot Moving Average with Fast Fourier Trans.

Thanks a lot for all the responses.

The reason why i am trying to integrate "Moving Average (MA)" and
Fast Fourier Transform (FFT)" is that when the data array in the
moving avergae is replaced by the current value of the FFT, we get a
very strong support/resistance level for the short term trading. I
would request the readers to replace the value "200" in the 200-
period simple moving average with the current value for any stock
and give any suggestions.

regards

Bharat Mudgal

<no_reply@xxxx>
> Bharat,
>
> Realistically the FFT may not be what you want. The reason for
asking
> you to plot the FFT on a chart was so that you could see this.
>
> If you still believe that the FFT can help your trading you could
use
> ranges to set the "if" statements. Something like 0 to 100 for a
> moving average of 10 and 101 to 200 for the next moving average
and
> so on. Hope this helps.
>
> Preston
>

> wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > The value of FFT can be anythingit could be anything from 10 to
> 1700
> > or higher so writing so many IF statements would not do the
task !!

> > regards
> >
> > Bharat Mudgal
> >
> > --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pumrysh <no_reply@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > > Bharat,
> > >
> > > To learn about the formula language go to the files section
and
> > > download the Metastock Formula Language book in either pdf or
zip
> > > format. Once you've done that you will be better prepared to
make
> > the
> > > correct decision about how you want the formula to work. I
would
> > also
> > > suggest that you open a chart with a price plot in one window
and
> > the
> > > FFT in another.
> > >
> > > The basics of the formula will use one moving average if the
FFT

http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/BefplB/TM