[Metastockusers] Re: Subject: Prophet.net with Downloader

jawjahtek:

On 14 Aug 2003 14:29:51 -0000, you wrote:

>>While I am mostly satisfied with my data provider (CSI) and main
>>technical analysis package (Metastock, I've been using it since rev.
>>4), it would be helpful to have a second data source to verify
>>prices. The Prophet.net site claims that a user can download data
>>using the Downloader (they point out that they are not associated
>>with Equis and not a standard vendor for the Downloader). At $100 for
>>a year, they could be a cheap second source. Does anyone have
>>experience using Phophet.net with the Downloader?

I assume you are talking about end of day data? I tried Prophet for a
couple of months, but dropped it. I was having trouble getting data
before about 11PM eastern time. You can use the MS Downloader. That
part works fine.

I use another alternative as a second source. Get one of the
converters that allow you to download "free" data from several
sources, including Yahoo. The one I use, Metaquote
http://www.geocities.com/stock_downloader/ , does not use the MS
Downloader, but downloads directly to your Metastock folders. It costs
$99 to purchase, and no monthly fees. I can usually get data by 8 PM;
and can also accesss data from some foreign exchanges. I think there
is a 30 or 60 day free trial.

There are other similar programs. Periodically someone lists their
websites on this forum.

Harry

http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/zMEolB/TM