Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Metastock Fixed Trailing Stop Loss

Gordon

Glad you like the code I suggested.

The "PREV<=0" is to ensure that we only consider an entry (setting the
latch) when not already set. This check is not strictly necessary for a
pseudo binary latch, but where the "PREV<=0" is needed is when the latch is
set to a value that is not binary (i.e. HIGH, ATR(7) or whatever), and then
it is essential that ONLY the first entry signal is used to set the latch
value. If a second or subsequent set signal was allowed to change the value
then the usefulness of the latch as a memory device is destroyed. The down
side of storing a variable value (instead of a fixed value) is that another
PREV must be added to the code.

Whether you use one, two, or three or more PREV's in a latch will depend on
the number of exit options you want to consider. The choice is yours - from
very simple to very complex.

Roy