[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Backups

Drstutz:

I also have a 2nd hard drive for backing up, but I do it somewhat
differently that has been described so far. I use a shareware program,
BackupOnDemand (www.caddais.com) . It is very flexible. It can back up
files "on the fly", at set periods, manually, etc. It can keep up to
99 (I think) copies of each file. It also compresses the files to save
space. You can set up profiles by drive, or by directory. You can also
designate types of files NOT to back up.

I use it as follows:
1. it backs up every Microsoft Office file as soon as it is closed.
2. It NEVER backs up .tmp files, music files, .bak files, etc.
3. It NEVER backs up my Metastock data files (too easy to reproduce)
4. Every seven hours, it backs up all files on my C: drive that have
changed since the last back up.
5. I manually (usually daily) purge all backed up files for which the
original no longer exists.

I have the program set to keep 7 copies of each file [.exe files,
which I also back up, usually only have one copy].

I can't remember what it costs: about $20, I think. Once set up, it
works great and takes only a few minutes to function, in the
background (and I don't have to think about it).

Harry

http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/BefplB/TM