RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Metastock Fixed Trailing Stop Loss to goalong with Trade Sim?

Peter
and Roy,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Thank
you both for your great inputs. Not having a programmer's logic I do struggle
with having to build code if the functions are not available in the application.
So, when I receive help to find a solution it is like opening up Aladdin's
cave!
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Roy, I
am tied-up for next day or so but I will get my head around the two
methodologies and see if I can make it work for me and perhaps I can come back
if I need clarification.

<FONT face="Kunstler Script" color=#008000
size=5>Regards,
<FONT face="Kunstler Script" color=#008000
size=5>
Gordon
Sutherland

  <FONT
  face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Peter Kuskopf
  [mailto:pkuskopf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Tuesday, 5 August 2003
  10:18 a.m.To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re:
  [EquisMetaStock Group] Metastock Fixed Trailing Stop Loss to go along with
  Trade Sim?
  Also check Roy Larsen's comments regarding use of
  a PREV latch. I don't use the PREV latch because of the speed issues, but it
  will depend on the size of the database, and your requirements for
  accuracy.

  Peter K
  <BLOCKQUOTE

    Metastock Fixed Trailing Stop Loss to go along with Trade Sim?

    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>Peter,
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>Thank you for you input - your code looks excellent - I will try
    it out. I must admit that I have not tried to use the code Equis supplied as
    of yet.

    <FONT face="Kunstler Script" color=#008000
    size=5>Regards,
    <FONT face="Kunstler Script" color=#008000
    size=5>
    Gordon
    Sutherland

      <FONT
      face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Peter
      Kuskopf [mailto:pkuskopf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Monday, 4
      August 2003 9:47 p.m.To: <A
      href="">equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject:
      Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Metastock Fixed Trailing Stop Loss to go along
      with Trade Sim?
      I think the formula that Equis gave you will
      get you just the high of the entry day.

      For a trailing chandelier, that is,
      updated with each new high, you probably want:

      ARC=3; {for example}
      BC={Buy Condition};
      C<=HighestSince(1, BC, H) -
      ARC*atr(7);