RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: 8.01 EOD System Tester- Shocked

I see
someone else gave you the url for TradeSim.  They also offer a free trial
period.   If you need any help once you get it, don't hesitate to
ask.  Several people in this group are already TradeSim
users.
<BLOCKQUOTE

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: sl91911
  [mailto:SL91911@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Monday, August 04, 2003 10:35
  AMTo: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject:
  [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: 8.01 EOD System Tester-
  ShockedThank you for the reply. I have a lot of
  programming skills but never heard of Trade Sim. Where is the main web
  site for this program ? Where do you get it, especially for $100 ?

  Stuart--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "metastockuser"
  <metastockuser@xxxx> wrote:>  I picked up Trade Sim for
  about 150 dollars or so which I use for all> my serious system
  testing now.> >   I still use Metastock 8.0 to run a
  quick intial test and look at the> equity line.  I'll also
  play around in Metastock System tester with> stops as I have to program
  them in to see their effect in Trade Sim. > So I use Metastock to
  get a quick idea as to using fixed stops or> trailing stops on an
  optimization of a stock then I'll follow up with> detailed testing
  over various stops in Trade Sim> >    So I tend
  to work with both system testers, using each for whatever> it
  appears to do best.  But the thing I really really like about
  Trade> Sim is the fact that I can drop onto the charts and see the
  monthly> and yearly profit numbers.  It also offers some report
  details not> found in the metastock report.  The real strength in
  Trade Sim is it's> ability to trade a system against a group of
  stocks and in some more> sophisticated testing which can be done with
  some of the upscale versions.> >
  Trade Sim can be a little tricky until you figure out which> options
  you need to toggle to get it to trade the way you want to. > And not
  being a programmer, it has taken me some time and effort to> assemble
  all the various code needed to create various types of stops> and
  to work out how to lay that code into metastock so the trade data>
  base works as it should in Trade Sim.To
  to:equismetastock-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxYour
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor