[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: 8.01 EOD System Tester- Shocked

 I picked up Trade Sim for about 150 dollars or so which I use for all
my serious system testing now.

  I still use Metastock 8.0 to run a quick intial test and look at the
equity line.  I'll also play around in Metastock System tester with
stops as I have to program them in to see their effect in Trade Sim.
So I use Metastock to get a quick idea as to using fixed stops or
trailing stops on an optimization of a stock then I'll follow up with
detailed testing over various stops in Trade Sim

   So I tend to work with both system testers, using each for whatever
it appears to do best.  But the thing I really really like about Trade
Sim is the fact that I can drop onto the charts and see the monthly
and yearly profit numbers.  It also offers some report details not
found in the metastock report.  The real strength in Trade Sim is it's
ability to trade a system against a group of stocks and in some more
sophisticated testing which can be done with some of the upscale versions.

    Trade Sim can be a little tricky until you figure out which
options you need to toggle to get it to trade the way you want to.
And not being a programmer, it has taken me some time and effort to
assemble all the various code needed to create various types of stops
and to work out how to lay that code into metastock so the trade data
base works as it should in Trade Sim.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/sO0ANB/LIdGAA/ySSFAA/BefplB/TM