RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: About Macd Histogram divergence ?

I think it was me.<span
>  I programmed Elder&#8217;s idea of
looking for the first uptick in the weekly MACD_H.

First, create the indicator MACD_H:

>MACD(<font
size=2 color=navy face=Arial>)-Mov(MACD(),9,E)

You&#8217;ll need to change its style to
histogram.

In the filter of a new Exploration, with
periodicity set to weekly, enter:

Fml( "MACD_H")>Ref(Fml(
"MACD_H"),-1) AND Ref(Fml( "MACD_H"),-2)>=Ref(Fml(
"MACD_H"),-1)

This Exploration returns all equities
where the weekly MACD_H just ticked up for the first time, ie, in the previous
week it had dropped, and in the most recent week it has ticked up.

If you want all equities with a rising
weekly MACD_H, a much bigger list, delete everything from AND.

Elder suggests combining this with a
requirement for a rising MA for greater safety, but in his examples of his own
trading he doesn&#8217;t seem to require a rising MA.

My own experience of using this search is
that it picks a lot of turning points, but also a lot of shares that don&#8217;t
go on with it, so I don&#8217;t use it anymore.

You may find that adding the requirement
for a rising MA of share price works well, it&#8217;s
certainly a safer approach.

Good trading,

Barry

lang=EN-US >-----Original
Message-----
From: Roy Larsen
[mailto:rlarsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent<span
>: <st1:date Month="8" Day="2"
Year="2003">Saturday, 2 August 2003<font
size=2 face=Tahoma> <font
 size=2 face=Tahoma>4:06 AM<font size=2
face=Tahoma>
To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [EquisMetaStock
Group] Re: About Macd Histogram divergence ?

face="Times New Roman">

face="Courier New">Dusant<font
size=2 face="Courier New">

I don't think it was me. I don't do divergences :(

  >Roy<font
size=2 face="Courier New">