Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] st_data.mdbb file in Metastock 8

In a message dated 7/26/2003 7:40:49 PM Pacific Daylight Time, pkuskopf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

The database certainly doesn't seem to shrink when the cleaner does its job, however I believe it reuses the deleted space for new tests.

However, the most effective method, and probably not condoned by Equis (I haven't asked them) is to shut Metastock, double-click on the .mdb file (it's just an MS-Access database) then run the Tools/Compress function. Works a treat, but please make sure you take a backup first in case I'm giving you poor advice.

Cheers
 Peter K

Mine is only 2K in size.  I have MS Access, and if you double-click on the file, Access opens it and you will find many many tables and table entries there.  If you feel brave, you can delete masses of entries without deleting the file, but I sure wouldn't guarentee that approach either.

Jay

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor