[EquisMetaStock Group] Live trading of the free expert , Clayburg, TM, and Pring

Today I thought I would test the free expert in live trading along
with a couple of others I've looked at.

For the test I used an expert written by Martin Pring, my system, the
one I gave you for free, one that Metastock gives you for free, the
Clayburg indicator model and what I think is an okay application of
the expert that's generated with TrendMedium.

Here are the results. I had to go back a couple of days to get all
the entries and exits, but as we move forward that won't be necessary.

The free expert:

1. Gave a buy signal on July 10th at 3:30 SPY price $99.06
2. Gave an optional sell signal on July 14th at 2:00 price 99.97
  (You could sell the postion, or ignore because of the trend. I
waited.)
3. Gave another sell signal July 14th at 2:30 101.75

4. Gave a short signal at 2:30 price 101.75
Still open at the close 100.72.

If you had taken the eariler sell at 99.97, there was reversal buy at
100.12 when the price crossed over both moving averages.

Martin Pring's system

I like Martin system but it's difficult because it requires more
history data than esignal usually wants to give you.

1. Gave a short signal on July 9th at 3:30 price 101.00
2. Gave a cover short signal on July 11th at 10:00 99.86
3. Gave a long signal July 11th 10:00 at a price of 99.86
4. Gave a sell signal July 14th 3:00 at 101.52
5. Gave a short siganl July 14th at 3:00 at 101.52
Still open at the close 100.72

TrendMedium

I think I applied this correctly but I've only used TrendMedium for a
couple of days.

1. Gave a buy signal on July 11th at 10:00 at 99.86
2. Gave a sell signal on July 14th at 2:30 at 99.97
3. Gave a short signal on July 14th at 3:30 at 101.20
Still open at the close 100.72

Custom System

1. Gave a buy signal on July 10th at 3:30 99.06
2. Gave a sell signal July 11th at 2:30 99.97
3. Gave a buy signal July 11th at 3:30 at 100.00
4. Gave a sell signal July 14th at 2:30 for 101.75
5. Gave a short signal July 14th at 2:30 101.75
Still open at the close 100.72

PS Fractal 1 that comes with Metastock

1. Gave a short signal July 9th at 10:30 101.33
2. Gave a cover short siganl on July 11th at the close 100.12
3. Gave a buy signal betwen the open and 10:00 at 101.39
4. Gave a sell signal at 3:00 at 101.52
5. Gave a short signal at 3:30 at 101.20
Still open at the close 100.72

In all fairness to PS Fractal 1 is wasn't designed to trade SPY on a
30 minute screen, but it's included free and it can work better if
you combine it with the right stuff.

Clayburg's indicators. My favorite indicator combination.

1. Gave a short signal on July 9th at 3:30 at 101.00
2. Gave a cover short signal on July 10th at 3:30 at 99.06
3. Gave a buy signal on July 10th at 3:30 at 99.06
4. Gave a sell signal on July 14th at 2:30 at 101.75
5. Gave a short signal on July 14th at 2.30 at 101.75
Still open at the close 110.72

Well, that's the lot that I used today. I traded the new expert and
my old expert using the Clayburg setup as a confirmation. You can
figure out the percentage profit from each one. I will trade them
again tomorrow but I won't post the results.

The point of the expert is to help some of you learn how to write
these step by step. However, there is no point to giving you
something to write that I couldn't be traded profitabily, nor should
I give you something I wouldn't trade with, so I traded with it, and
I'll trade with it again. It's not as efficient as the one I use with
the Clayburg screen but it's close enough. You can figure out how to
improve it and if you think peak and trough bars were sent to you
from hell, you can remove them. There are other functions that work
just as well and sometimes there's less slippage, sometimes not.

Joe is right, I need to get my head out of my ass. I thought that MS
said they based their trough and peak functions on the zig zag but
Joe said the MS files say the peak and trough function is exactly the
same as the zig zag, and therefore, they have exactly the same
problems. Knowing that, I'm not going to write anymore experts with
them because I don't like the zig zag function the way I've seen it
used. It misleads some people. I've looked at some experts that use
the zz function. I like some the applications and some of them I
don't like. I shouldn't have gone against the conventional and
collective wisdom of the MS groups. I should have stayed within the
boundaries of what works. I appoligize.

As far as what "JO wrote" well JO has written a lot of things in the
last 50 years. Some of those things were pretty good and some
weren't. Some were published and some weren't. Some made JO money and
some didn't. Oh, well.

Now I would really appreciate if some of you would take that expert
and improve it. Make it more efficient at entry and exit points. Make
it more profitable.

Happy Trading
JO

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510