RE: [Metastockusers] Re: SPY It's no joke Joe

JO
wrote:
<FONT
face=Arial>" You
will also notice that the system does not depend solely on the Peak and Trough
bars. I don't like the zigzag and I don't use it. Too many people think the
zigzag is projecting future prices.<SPAN
class=959183521-14072003>"
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=3>
<SPAN
class=959183521-14072003>Jo - I'm not sure if you realize it or not but the
peak and trough aspects of the Expert you posted use Zigzag --
the same Zigzag that you don't like and don't use!  Check the MS help
files.   JO
wrote:
<FONT
face=Arial><SPAN
class=959183521-14072003>" Instead of critiquing the "so called"
expert system, write one of your own that's more efficient and produces better
results. That will prove your point.<SPAN
class=959183521-14072003>"
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=3>
<SPAN
class=959183521-14072003>I'm not sure you need to be concerned with whether I
critique the Expert you posted or not.  I was just trying to be
helpful.  That Expert is going to look great on the chart because the last
leg of the formula is dynamic and changes after the fact.  Therefore you
can't backtest your system and expect the same results going forward.  It
is not that Zigzag, Peak and Trough "predict" the future but rather that they
can use future bars to change prior plots.  <SPAN
class=959183521-14072003>I'm sorry, but I don't design and trade systems
that I can't have any reasonable chance of using on a similar
basis going forward.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=3>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff