RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] It's no joke, Joe.

JO
wrote:
 <SPAN
class=959183521-14072003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>" You will also notice that the system does not depend
solely on the Peak and Trough bars. I don't like the zigzag and I don't use
it. Too many people think the zigzag is projecting future prices.<SPAN
class=959183521-14072003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>"

Jo
- I'm not sure if you realize it or not but the peak and trough
aspects of the Expert you posted use Zigzag -- the same Zigzag that
you don't like and don't use!  Check the MS help
files.   <SPAN
class=959183521-14072003>JO
wrote:
 <SPAN
class=959183521-14072003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>" Instead of critiqing the "so called" expert system,
write one of your own that's more efficient and produces better results.
That will prove your point.<FONT face=Arial
color=#0000ff size=2>"
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>I'm not sure you need to be concerned with whether I critique the Expert
you posted or not.  I was just trying to be helpful.  That Expert is
going to look great on the chart because the last leg of the formula is dynamic
and changes after the fact.  Therefore you can't backtest your system and
expect the same results going forward.  It is not that Zigzag, Peak and
Trough "predict" the future but rather that they can use future bars to change
prior plots.  <FONT
face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>I'm sorry, but I don't design and trade
systems that I can't have any reasonable chance of using on a similar
basis going forward.

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Good Trading,

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff