RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Need Historical Up Volume and Down Volume for NYSE

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Interesting...
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
I have
no contact with their support people since it would cost me too much to call
them from New Zealand.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
I do
have an excellent relationship with their database people who make corrections
for me as and when I find mistakes in the data.  Again, all data providers
usually have the same mistakes.  CSI is good at correcting
them.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
I know
of other people who have the problem that Jay (below) has reported.
I NEVER convert the CSI data to anything else (using CSI itself).   I
access their raw database that is always consistent.   I have my own
programs that convert from the UA raw database to either MetaStock or CSV
files.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
So, to
summarise a bit:
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>IMO...
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>1.  Their data is the most accurate and
complete.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>2.  They have data for extinct stocks.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>3.  They properly handle splits and dividends and give you the
ability to see prices with or without those adjustments.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>4.  Their telephone support is (probably) not the best (as reported
by Jay and others).
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>5.  Their conversion tools are frequently suspect (as reported by
Jay and several friends of mine).
<BLOCKQUOTE

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: JayTownsend@xxxxxxx
  [mailto:JayTownsend@xxxxxxx]Sent: Saturday, July 12, 2003 5:49
  PMTo: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re:
  [EquisMetaStock Group] Need Historical Up Volume and Down Volume for
  NYSE<FONT lang=0 face=Arial
  size=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF">Hi:I have used CSI/Unfair Advantage off and
  on for about 15 years.  Their data is "good" but their service is
  lousy.  For the data that I'm after, they are 20 to 60 minutes later than
  their posted "available" times at least four times a week.  Their
  "customer support" is more like "screw you and don't ask any more
  questions."  I currently have a problem with UA in it's download and
  distribution of commodity data in that it puts the decimal point all over the
  place when it does an "append" - that is, when it adds data to existing
  files.  To get around this 5 minute process I have to have UA do a one
  hour rewrite of my entire files, including history files, and then it is
  presented in MetaStock with the decimals aligned properly.  Even then, it
  still misaligns some data, but at least for the entire file so that the charts
  look OK.Their response to this problem is basically that I don't have
  a problem, even though other users have reported it and Equis was able to
  duplicate it too.  The one and only reason I'm with them is that they
  have commodity cash data that neither Reuters nor anyone else has.  If
  you don't need commodity cash data I'd suggest working with a more user
  friendly data provider.  If you think that Equis/MetaStock isn't user
  friendly, then don't even think about doing business with
  CSI.JayIn a message dated 7/12/2003 2:38:32 PM Pacific